Community Law Marlborough provides free community legal services to meet the unmet legal needs in our community. Our community is the Marlborough district including Havelock, Picton and Kaikoura. We currently have weekly outreach clinics in Kaikoura. We are funded by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) to provide these services to you but welcome any donations/koha.
Our Principles are:
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Accountability to our Community
- Promoting participatory justice and self - reliance
- Increasing people's knowledge and expectations on Law
- Integrity and Professionalism
Mission: Empowering our Community to access Justice by providing free legal services to all with unmet legal needs.
Our Service: is for everybody in Marlborough and Kaikoura with an unmet legal need, who cannot afford a lawyer, are not eligible for legal aid, or have experienced economic, social, cultural, or other barriers to accessing legal services.
Access - Empowerment - Justice